Saturday, 17 June 2017

Decals on fused glass - with the Microwave Kiln


It would seem you have to fire decals on a low heat, in the microwave kiln, so you need a bit of extra patience - (which I haven't really got :o) ) .... so I haven't done too 
many of them.  However, I do like them a lot, so may just have to persevere. Also for a better result -  fire them on already fused glass.

The first tomato  decal I fired, I fired it on High, and although I rather like the result, it does come out slightly weird!

Friday, 2 June 2017

Fused Glass - small pieces


the larger piece cracked when fired, so managed to get 2 smaller pieces out of it
  
the pieces of glass were placed next to each other, on their edges - when fired they
melt down and flatten out.
2 small pendants using some bits of millefiori flowers

Wednesday, 3 May 2017

 This was a previously fired piece that I cut up, re-positioned and re-fired.
  
close-up of centre - using little millefiori chips
 
 
before and after

 These were also chunks broken off of another piece and refired 
with a small piece of dichroic glass on top
 
 
 

this was just trying out a design idea

Wednesday, 26 April 2017

before and after


 this is before firing

this is after firing with clear glass 'edges' framing  the central piece.
I added those afterwards and re-fired it.
I over-fired the piece, so the pattern has mishapen, and has a couple of holes,
but I'm quite happy with this.
I could also neaten up the corners to square the piece up more - but haven't as yet :o)
(I usually use COE 90 glass)

Saturday, 15 April 2017

broken up bits - refired

I love breaking up pieces that I dont think are that good, refiring them 
and making them into more abstract pieces.

 this is my favourite - (at the mo!)

Monday, 10 April 2017

firing and cracking ..........


This piece cracked in a few places, whilst being fired.  I managed to push the pieces together with a couple of metal tools, while it was still very hot, and ...........
 it ended up just fine! :o)
This piece was fired, then had an insect decal fired into it, then added 
a strip of dichroic glass, and a final fireing. 
(I use GlasTac adhesive.)
Fortunately this piece didn't crack - - - whew!

obsessive! :o)

Friday, 24 March 2017

MWK - before and after fusing







Pendant with bail added - - - - plus another one



 once this had been fired, I chipped off some bits, and added the red
band plus a millifiori flower