Sunday, 17 September 2017
Couple of weird persons
2 Fishes - bottom one using copper mesh
Pendant - using copper mesh -
recut piece with a small waste shard added onto base
2 striped tiles/coasters/paperweights ........ (? :o) )
This was just strips that had already been fired, put together and fused again.
Thursday, 17 August 2017
Monday, 17 July 2017
Thursday, 13 July 2017
Saturday, 17 June 2017
It would seem you have to fire decals on a low heat, in the microwave kiln, so you need a bit of extra patience - (which I haven't really got :o) ) .... so I haven't done too
many of them. However, I do like them a lot, so may just have to persevere. Also for a better result - fire them on already fused glass.
The first tomato decal I fired, I fired it on High, and although I rather like the result, it does come out slightly weird!
Friday, 2 June 2017
the larger piece cracked when fired, so managed to get 2 smaller pieces out of it
the pieces of glass were placed next to each other, on their edges - when fired they
melt down and flatten out.
2 small pendants using some bits of millefiori flowers
Wednesday, 3 May 2017
This was a previously fired piece that I cut up, re-positioned and re-fired.
close-up of centre - using little millefiori chips
before and after
These were also chunks broken off of another piece and refired
with a small piece of dichroic glass on top
Wednesday, 26 April 2017
this is before firing
this is after firing with clear glass 'edges' framing the central piece.
I added those afterwards and re-fired it.
I over-fired the piece, so the pattern has mishapen, and has a couple of holes,
but I'm quite happy with this.
I could also neaten up the corners to square the piece up more - but haven't as yet :o)
(I usually use COE 90 glass)
Saturday, 15 April 2017
Monday, 10 April 2017
This piece cracked in a few places, whilst being fired. I managed to push the pieces together with a couple of metal tools, while it was still very hot, and ...........
it ended up just fine! :o)
This piece was fired, then had an insect decal fired into it, then added
a strip of dichroic glass, and a final fireing.
(I use GlasTac adhesive.)
Fortunately this piece didn't crack - - - whew!